What is Image Data Converter?
“Image Data Converter” is application software that allows you to view and edit a RAW format image file (“RAW file” in this manual) shot with your Sony Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera, etc., and save it on your computer's hard disk.
In the View Mode, while comparing images, you can rank them using one of five rankings or color labels, and then filter them according to their rankings or labels.
In the Edit Mode, Image Data Converter provides a variety of adjustments you can make to a RAW file—adjusting the white balance, brightness, color, and sharpness. The displayed image, with the adjustments, can be printed, saved as RAW files, or converted into another universally supported file format, such as JPEG or TIFF.
Image Data Converter supports the following types of images shot with your Sony Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera, etc., or created with image processing application software.
• JPEG (Exif) files
• TIFF(Non-compressed) files
• RAW (ARW1.0*/ARW2.0*/ARW2.1/ARW2.2/ARW2.3) files
- You can use each palette to edit an image.
- Adjusting the brightness
- Adjusting the white balance
- Setting a creative style
- Adjusting the contrast
- Setting the D-Range Optimizer mode
- Setting the highlight color distortion reduction
- Adjusting the color
- Adjusting the shading compensation
- Adjusting the sharpness
- Setting the noise reduction
- Adjusting the tone curve and level
- Using the version stack function
You can divide the image preview area into two frames of screens and edit an image while comparing the original image in one frame and the results of your adjustments in another frame.
You can also perform the following convenient Image Data Converter functions
- Adjusting and saving multiple images
- Saving and loading the image processing settings
- Starting an external program
- Using advanced printing
- Changing the color management settings
- Setting the color space for display
- Displaying grids
- Displaying various image palettes